We are looking for a Graphic Designer to help build exciting products with our diverse team of musicians, technologists, engineers, marketers, and gamers in an open and fun work environment in Calabasas, California. Your focus will be on bringing your own creative flare to our DittyMoji suite of products' visual identities. This would range from playing an integral part in the production pipeline creating content in an exciting new product, to producing marketing assets, all the way to contributing to our web and mobile properties. You’ll have an opportunity to stretch your creative legs across a wide variety of mediums by contributing your typographic, color, and style talents to digital, print, branding, and animation projects. If you’re a stylistic chameleon that can consistently produce innovative content with minimal direction from the team while embracing collaboration whenever the opportunity arises, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Design typographic compositions for emojis that capture and amplify their emotional intent
- Develop design concepts, taking into account platform best practices, technical standards, and brand guidelines.
- Participate in and handle regular crit sessions with grace while translating feedback into actionable steps toward refinement and perfection of an approach
- Design for a wide range of channels and use cases from scratch or from an established style
- Ability to seamlessly jump between marketing, branding, expressive typography, and vectorization
- Creatively contribute to the DittyMoji’s visual presence in the marketplace
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment
- Communicate design rationale in clear, concise ways to a non-designer audience
- Work closely with concept artists and animators to ensure seamless handoffs and consistent communication of artistic intent
- Prepare visual assets for integration into our production pipeline and technology stack
- BA/BFA/BS in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience working on brand and design centered projects
- Proficient in the Creative Cloud suite of products and a mastery of Adobe Illustrator
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong grasp of composition, color, and typography in the fields of branding, marketing, and general artistry
- Possess a strong understanding of fundamental design principles
- Strong creativity, typography, and complex problem-solving abilities
- A mastery of color, composition and form with a nearly limitless ability to combine them in new and interesting ways to communicate and emotion or sentiment
- An extreme attention to detail and an eye for perfection
- Self starter, eager to contribute to improving the product and unafraid to learn new skills
- Thrive when working in a highly collaborative team atmosphere.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent written and communication skills to present and convey your ideas
- A passion for our suite of apps
- A passion for emojis, stickers, and pictorial communication in general
- A portfolio demonstrating strong character vectorization capabilities
- A talent for illustration and distilling organic image into simplified forms
- Encyclopedic knowledge of design trends
- Intellectual curiosity and strong analytical skills
- An interest in and familiarity with After Effects and Adobe Premiere
- Competitive salary
- Employee equity program
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits are offered
- Paid time off
- Free snacks and beverages
- Virtual Training classes in career advancement
- ADP Discounts program
Zya empowers anyone to express themselves through music. The company’s proprietary music technology is backed by 44 awarded and 30 pending patents.
Zya is led by Matt Serletic, former Chairman & CEO of Virgin Records and a Grammy-award winning producer/songwriter and independent label owner. Zya’s backers include venture capital firms 500 Startups and Shea Ventures.